|There are no live appearances currently scheduled.|
For comments on News Stories, call the Peg Broadcasting News Department at 707-1102, fax us at 707-1220, or email email@example.com
The Cumberland County School Nutrition program announces its sponsorship of the 2015 Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), which is administered in TN by the Department of Human Services under an agreement with the US Department of Agriculture (USDA). Meals will be provided to all children without charge regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. The following are locations and dates of where meals will be provided:
• June 1st-July31st, Mondays-Fridays, Green Meadows Town Homes, 17 Green Meadows Lane, Becky Davis (931-484-4546).
o Lunch from 11:20am-11:30am and snack from 11:35am-11:45am
• June 7th-July 26th, Sundays ONLY, Fredonia Baptist Church, 623 Fredonia Road, Melissa Turner (931-200-8309).
o Breakfast from 9:45am-10:00am and snack from 10:00am-10:15ampo
• June 15th-June 19th, Monday-Friday, Vandever Baptist Church, 3714 Vandever Road, Linda Burgess (931-788-5751) or Carol Smith (931-200-8309).
o Supper from 6:15pm-7:45pm and snack from 7:45pm-7:50pm
• June 22nd-26th, Monday-Friday, Cumberland Fellowship Bible School, 1640 West Avenue, Samantha Hollingsworth (931-707-1883).
o Supper from 5:15pm-5:30pm and pm snack from 6:30pm-8:30pm
• June 25th-27th, Thursday-Friday, Living Water Baptist, A Frame Building by Hospital, South Main Street, Rachel Banfield (931-210-4634) or Deidra Propst (931-287-6148).
o Thursday & Friday (25th&26th) Supper from 5:00pm-5:15pm and snack from 5:15pm-5:30pm.
o Saturday (27th) Supper from 4:00pm-4:15pm and snack from 4:14pm-4:30pm.
• July 13th-17th, CBI Make Camp, 2569 Cook Road, Holly Hanson (931-456-4910).
o Lunch from 11:30am-12:30pm and snack from 2:30-3:00pm.
A 15 year old boy was airlifted to UT Medical Center Sunday afternoon after being hit by a truck in front of his home on Plateau Road. Now the Tennessee Highway Patrol is trying to find the driver of the blue Chevy S-10 that sped from the scene of the accident. The vehicle was reportedly traveling on HWY 127 toward I-40 when last seen. Anyone with information is asked to call the THP.
Great Smoky Mountain National Park rangers found a body early Monday morning believed to be a hiker who went missing more than a week ago. From the clothing, they think they have found the remains of 62 year old Jenny Bennett of Sylva, North Carolina. Bennett was an avid hiker and a member of the Smoky Mountain Hiking Club. Cause of death has not been released. (Photo Courtesy WVLT)
A mother and 16-year-old went missing Sunday night in the Clingman's Dome area of the National Park. Local 8 Now reports they were found Monday afternoon. Christy Barns, 40, and her son, Casey, 16, are from Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin. According to park rangers, they sent out a text message to family Sunday night. It said they were lost and needed help. Rangers were notified and found the two along the Forney Ridge Trail just before 2 p.m. Park officials say the two are in good health and were able to walk.
A man injured Friday at a paper mill in southeast Tennessee has died. Resolute Forest Products spokesman Seth Kursman told media that the man who was employed by Chattanooga-based Jake Marshall Mechanical Contractors. He did not release the man's identity. Kursman said an investigation is ongoing to determine what caused the accident at the Kraft Mill Plant in Calhoun that led to the worker's death. (Photo Courtesy WVLT)