|There are no live appearances currently scheduled.|
For comments on News Stories, call the Peg Broadcasting News Department at 707-1102, fax us at 707-1220, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor Bill Haslam's signature proposal to create a program that would cover tuition at two-year colleges for any high school graduate is a step closer to the governor's desk after the Senate approved the plan Monday night. The "Tennessee Promise," legislation is a cornerstone of Haslam's "Drive to 55" campaign to improve the state's graduation rates from the current 32 percent to 55 percent by 2025. Haslam wants to pay for the program by using $300 million in excess lottery reserve funds and join it with a $47 million endowment.
Tennessee's electric cooperatives are reminding Tennessee residents to be on alert for a telephone scam that continues to plague utility consumers. Scam artists call a home or business posing as a co-op or utility employee and threaten to shut off service unless the consumer provides immediate payment using a reloadable debit card, prepaid gift card or online payment service like Paypal. Officials stress that your local electric co-op will never call members to request credit card or banking information over the phone. They will never call members threatening immediate disconnection, and they will never ask to enter your home unless you initiate the request a specific service.
This Wednesday, many WWII and Korean War Veterans will be returning home to Crossville after visiting Washington DC to see the memorials built in their honor. They will be arriving in Crossville at the Holiday Inn Express on Peavine Road between 9 and 9:30pm . You're invited to take part in giving these heroes a warm welcome home
CYBS games cancelled for tonight (Monday) but pictures WILL still be taken as scheduled inside the horseshoe pavillion next to Turner Field 6. Duer and Garrison Parks CLOSED
Cumberland County School Superintendent Donald Andrews says a miscommunication is to blame for a child being left behind while his class went on a field trip last week. Andrews says they were told a bus driver was unavailable to take the third grader, who is confined to a wheelchair, on the trip. School officials say a driver was eventually found who could take the boy, however it was several hours after the rest of his classmates had left. Andrews acknowledges that this was a mistake, and apologized to the family, saying everyone feels bad about the situation.